The AHA is a membership organization committed to promoting the community of homebrewers and empowering homebrewers to make the best beer in the world.
The American Homebrewers Association
- Was founded in 1978 by homebrew author and past Brewers Association President Charlie Papazian in Boulder, Colorado.
- Has over 46,000 members.
- Advocates for homebrewers’ rights in the United States.
- Is governed by a committee of homebrewers elected by its members.
- Hosts the world’s largest beer competition.
- Publishes Zymurgy magazine.
- Hosts multiple events promoting home beer, cider and mead making.
- Is a division of the Brewers Association, a not-for-profit trade association dedicated to promoting and protecting amateur and professional craft brewers.