- 15 Oct, 2022
- Time: 02:30PM - 3:15PM
- Locations: William Angliss Conference Centre
- Speaker: Stu Whytcross
A closer look at the sensory program utilised by Voyager, and many other craft malthouses as part of their standardised lab analysis, including simple procedures such as the Hot Steep method that can easily be replicated in the home kitchen.
- Sample wort will be prepared for this event
- Sample malts considered (may change on the day of the event) Veloria Ale Malt which recently won best ale malt at the Malt Cup in Michigan and Voyager's Ancient Tibetan Black Barley Malt.
- Both sample malts are considered base malts, with significantly different flavour profiles.
- We will attempt to provide a group sensory evaluation, as is feesible in a large crowd setting.
- Further reading, see ASBC Sensory Analysis Method 14: Hot Steep Malt Sensory Evaluation which this presentation takes notes from.